MyNetFone takes account security very seriously. To keep your safe, we provide a variety of tools and policies to prevent unauthorised account access and fraudulent service usage.
- Access to your online account is protected by unique password, known only to you.
- We recommend that you routinely review the strength of your password. This can be done with a free password strength grader like: https://howsecureismypassword.net/
- When you make changes to your account over the phone, our staff may ask for your account identification number and security question.
- Only the account holder – or a designated Authorised Representative – can order new services and make changes to your account.
- We use advanced toll fraud detection technology to identify if unauthorised international phone calls are being made from your account. Toll fraud is a global challenge that affects all telecom providers, and all telecom customers. When detected, we will proactively suspend your account until satisfied that fraud has ceased.
- MyNetFone sells modems and VoIP phone devices that have been tested for stability and security, and which are preconfigured to operate with our network. If you wish to use your own modem, or VoIP phone, you are required to take precautions to ensure the security of your network. As a starting point we have prepared this handy guide to internet security.