Check My Usage
It is important that you know how to check the usage levels on your account and how to keep your account secure from misuse by others.
- What is Toll Fraud?
- What is a hacker?
- Why do they do it?
- Is my phone system secure?
- Is my account secure?
- Security Controls
- What should I do if I suspect someone is unlawfully using my service?
- Who is responsible for the cost of unauthorised call charges?
You can easily manage your MyNetFone account through the online portal, including viewing call history, invoices, making payments & more.
There are several ways to check your current account balance:
- Login to the My Account Portal and select ‘My Accounts’ in the left menu.
- The ‘Summary’ page is automatically shown – check the ‘Balance’ row at the bottom of the page.
Dial 151 from your MyNetFone service.
Call our Customer Service Team on 181 from your MyNetFone service, or call 1300 731 048 or +61 2 8008 8000
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our system tracks real-time call usage. This means that you can login to your Account and get the most up to date information on your account status and call charges.
Included value (calls/minutes/SMS)
To check your remaining included bundles, simply:
- Login to the My Account Portal and select ‘My Voice Service’ in the left menu.
- The ‘Summary’ page is automatically shown – check the ‘Remaining Bundled' row at the bottom of the page for remaining included value.
If you have multiple Voice Services, select each one to get an update.
To check your call history, simply:
- Login to the My Account Portal and select ‘My Calls' in the left menu.
- Choose the date range that you want to view calls for and click "Search". It will return all calls for the selected period.
- These results can then be downloaded by clicking the Export button at the bottom of the screen. The downloaded file uses .csv file format, and will be downloaded to your default location.
Our Online Portal allows you to easily keep track of your data usage, so there are no surprise excess download fees at the end of the month.
To check your data usage, simply:
- Login to the My Account Portal and select ‘My Data Service’ in the left menu.
- The ‘Summary’ page is automatically shown – check the ‘Plan Remaining’ row at the bottom of the page for remaining peak and off-peak data.
Note: You can also view your day-by-day Data History by going to the ‘My Data Service’ menu, clicking on the ‘Data History’ tab in the top menu and selecting a date range.
To the Telecommunications Fraud industry, phone hacking is more commonly referred to as ‘Toll Fraud’. It is a damaging act of fraud that impacts Australian businesses and companies worldwide. The impact sustained by victims of phone fraud is not only associated with monetary losses but it can also cause reputational damage.
Hackers are fraudsters who are motivated by the thrill, notoriety gained, the challenge, or the simple matterof making money by gaining unauthorised access to your phone system, voicemail, VoIP or other communications systems. They are typically international hackers involved in organised crime.
Toll fraud can be a lucrative business for a hacker, who can compromise an unprotected phone system or gain access to SIP registration information through your modem/router/VoIP adapter. Motives for this fraudulent act include call selling operations by organised crime; often to overseas numbers and to premium rate services.
Hardware and devices that you purchase from us have already been configured with some security settings in place. However, since some of the devices we sell are not locked devices, it is possible that you may accidentally put yourself at risk if you make changes to the configuration. Hardware and devices we ship come with instructions and advice about what you need to do to stay safe. We have information about Internet Security on our website. The Internet Industry Association of Australia have setup a website (http://www.icode.net.au) with free and paid tools to keep you computers clean.
MyNetFone operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. We are constantly reviewing and improving our practices and policies. However, this security only extends to things that are within our control. If a hacker has obtained you account or SIP details from your unsecure device or computer, we have no way of preventing them using your account. We do however, have systems to limit the total cost of the fraud.
MyNetFone has several features that can help you manage costs on your account. These include:
- Setting a limit on a single credit card transaction amount
- Setting a limit on the number of credit card transactions per 30 day period
- Restricting the number of credit cards that can be registered
- An international call cap (FAQ)
- Call Barring (block call category types; e.g. Block mobile calls, block international call, etc)
We have already applied some default settings on your account, but if you would like to change them or want to check what they are, contact us and our staff will assist you.
Contact us as soon as possible. We will help you to:
- Change your account username and password
- Change your VoIP password
- Block/Bar international calls
- Provide any details that you may need to give to Police or your Insurance company.
Toll fraud results in unauthorised call charges billed directly to your telephone account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your hardware. We strongly suggest that you read our information about Internet Security. If you need advice or information on security settings, please call our technical support team:
1300 731 048
or +61 2 8008 8000
or 181 (Free call from your MyNetFone service)
In accordance with our standard agreement with you, you are liable to MyNetfone for all charges incurred on your account. As a customer of MyNetFone you are accountable for any misuse, fraudulent or otherwise, of your hardware.